As we work with you, we take a holistic approach that looks at both sides of the balance sheet: your assets and liabilities. We believe that only by analyzing the complete picture can we truly help you reach your goals.
As we dig deep into the technical aspects of putting your plan together, we utilize hand-selected programs and software to analyze and assess risk. These include:
- Risk audits: Our team hand-selected Riskalyze, a third party portfolio analysis and risk alignment platform, to perform risk audits on the discretionary portfolios we manage, client accounts and accounts managed by clients’ other advisers. We also use this tool to create our clients’ customized investment policy statements. If you would like to receive a complimentary risk audit, please click the button to the right.
- Morningstar: Third party independent investment research.
- Goal Planning & Monitoring: Our innovative and interactive planning tool to help visualize your goals.
- Raymond James Resources: We collaborate with various specialists at Raymond James, including Fixed Income Portfolio Analytics, Raymond James Trust and life insurance reviews.
- Equity Research: We use Raymond James equity research and tools and work with experts on the team, including Mike Gibbs, Equity Portfolio and Technical Strategist; Jeff Saut, Chief Investment Strategist; Andrew Adams, Senior Research Associate; and Gary Franklin, VP-Options Trading & Strategies.
- Open architecture research: Through Raymond James, we have the ability to utilize external equity research to round out our due diligence and offerings.
By reviewing your current investment policy and discussing your fiduciary responsibilities, we begin to build a picture of how we can best support you.
Developing a concrete plan for investing helps take the emotion out of managing money. According to Dalbar’s 22nd Annual Quantitative Analysis of Investor Behavior (QAIB) Study, the average equity investor earned a 4.79% return over the 20-year time period from 1996 through 2016. However, institutional investors earned around 7%, which has been attributed to utilizing a disciplined, four-step process as well as incorporating alternative investments.
That’s why we use a documented and disciplined investment policy strategy to help keep the emotion out of investing. The investment policy strategy document is an additional step in the planning process where goals, constraints and risk tolerances can be discussed, assessed and recorded. It gives us the opportunity to better understand your priorities, biases and fears, which will ultimately lead to a more successful long-term plan.
Investing always involves risk and you may incur a profit or loss. No investment strategy can guarantee success.
- Discretionary portfolio trading
- Equity research
- Stocks, bonds, mutual funds
- Structured products
- Portfolio analysis
- Municipal bonds ladders
- Guided portfolios
- Covered call writing
- Option hedge strategies
- Cash management
- Income generation strategies
- Retirement plans/401(k) management
- Employer sponsored plans
- Non-qualified executive compensation plans
- College savings/529 plans
- Separately managed accounts
- Risk audit via Riskalyze
- Lending strategies
- Securities-based lending*
- Commercial property lending*
- Long-term care
*Banking and lending solutions provided by Raymond James Bank, N.A. Raymond James Financial Services, Inc. and Raymond James & Associates, Inc. are affiliated with Raymond James Bank, N.A., a federally chartered national bank. Unless otherwise specified, products purchased from or held at Raymond James Financial Services or Raymond James & Associates, Inc. are not insured by the FDIC, are not deposits or other obligations of Raymond James Bank, are not guaranteed by Raymond James Bank and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal invested.
Raymond James Associates, Inc., and your Raymond James Financial Advisor do not solicit or offer residential mortgage products and are unable to accept any residential mortgage loan applications or to offer or negotiate terms of any such loan. You will be referred to a qualified Raymond James Bank employee for your residential mortgage lending needs.